Creative Design Specialist needed in Lagos
Creative Design Specialist
Maurice Xandra Solutions LimitedLagos
Job TypeFull-timePermanentNumber of hires for this roleOn-going need to fill this role
Full Job Description
Our Client is a pioneering higher education initiative to identify and train the next generation of leaders in technology and management for Africa. The Institution will strive for excellence in technology and management and become a hub for best-in-class learning and research. It will focus on areas in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Management in its academic offerings at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
The Creative Design Specialist will work across all elements of the
brand, communications and marketing efforts, including design of the
student recruitment campaigns, executive presentations, employee
engagement campaigns, and external communications.
The role of the Creative Design Specialist will sit within the
Institution’s Project Management Office and work closely with the
Communications Officer, Head of Academic Strategy and Delivery, and
The Director of the Project Management Office to create high quality
communication and marketing materials for the Institution.
- Conceive and design static and video assets for the online media
- Design and manage the production of marketing and promotion materials such as flyers, brochures, booklets, etc.
- Conceptualize and manage video recordings for brand promotion (testimonials, event coverage, documentaries etc.)
- Conceptualize and manage production of animated video materials, motion graphics, etc.
- Liaise with printers, photographers, videographers, advertising agencies and other vendors to obtain costs, prepare payments and receive finished work as required
- Manage and update existing brand collaterals and keep up-to-date record of work produced in the department (photos, videos, brochures, student handbook and profile book, pitch presentations, newsletters, etc.)
- Serve as quality controller for brand collaterals and branded items
- Manage all APCON-related activities
- Liaise with all internal and external parties on branding requirements for events and/or communication materials.
- Advise on website design and management
- Ensure brand guidelines and directives are adhered to in all executions.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Thorough understanding of graphics and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, etc.) and CorelDraw
- Familiarity with the use of video recording equipment and editing software
- Strong attention to detail to produce error-free and high-quality work as well as when assessing photographs, graphic design, videos etc.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Strong professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, drive and energy with a result-oriented mindset
- Self-reliant and able to work in a start-up environment
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate and maintain effective relationships with all the stakeholders
- Strong research and project management skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- A strong team player with a professional attitude
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Arts, Fine Arts or related field
- 4+ years of experience creating key design elements such as: visual identity, branding, marketing materials, presentations, infographics, email newsletter design and social media marketing content
- Agency experience will be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent